The Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Awards 2019
Before you submit your images (link at the bottom), please do read the terms and conditions as below.
About the Awards
The Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Awards were instituted in the year 2000 to showcase the contributions of India's best wildlife photographers. Sanctuary promotes conservation photography as an article of faith. We believe that powerful, evocative images have the power to draw out supportive human responses. Photography is an art form that has helped protect wildernesses virtually from the time cameras were invented. Conservation photography is a blend of technical skills, natural history knowledge, field experience, and an innate desire to protect wild nature. At Sanctuary, we marry still images and stirring words to sensitize human hearts and minds. The Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Awards were instituted to showcase the contributions of India's best wildlife photographers. Every year we receive a vast pool of stunning photographs, which reinforces the urgent need to conserve India's wildlife.
All entries go through a rigorous judging process, designed to distil the very best from thousands of hopefuls. Our panel of judges this year include Bittu Sahgal - Editor, Sanctuary Asia; Steve Winter - National Geographic conservation photographer; Dr. Anish Andheria - conservation photographer and President, Wildlife Conservation Trust; Nayan Khanolkar - educationist, naturalist and wildlife photographer, Himanshuu Sheth - Commercial and Travel photographer, Dr. Parvish Pandya - Head, Science, Natural History and Photography, Sanctuary Asia and Lakshmy Raman - Executive Editor, Sanctuary Asia. The judges will be looking for originality, conservation value, technical quality, subject matter, aesthetics, rarity, mood and action and they reserve the right to shuffle images into their appropriate category. They would always place a premium on ethics.
Referees: Sumit Sen - birding aficionado, Shekhar Dattatri – renowned filmmaker
Images taken in the wild that best depict Sanctuary’s descriptor: ‘Call of the Wild’ and are suitable for submission.
1. Images taken in the wild that best depict Sanctuary’s descriptor: ‘Call of the Wild’.
2. The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all photos entered. By entering the contest, the entrant certifies that the entries do not infringe on the copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights of any other person or organisation.
3. Only images from the Asian continent will be eligible (all countries listed here are considered eligible: https://www.worldometers.info/geography/how-many-countries-in-asia/).
· 1st Prize: Rs. 1,50,000
· 2nd Prize: Rs. 75,000
· 3rd Prize: Rs. 25,000
· Honourable Mentions: Rs. 2,500 each
· Certificate of Merit: One-year Sanctuary Asia subscription.
· Certificates will be presented to all winners, Special Mentions, and the top 25 shortlisted images, as decided by the judges whose decision will be final and not subject to further discussion.
· The Winning, Special Mention images will get a chance to be featured in Sanctuary Asia magazine (December 2019 issue) and Sanctuary Asia (curated for Young Naturalists, January 2020) respectively.
· All entrants will receive a free annual digital subscription (12 issues) to Sanctuary Asia magazine.
Submit your images here: https://forms.gle/QEpEU7aFEL8Vvfpy9